Watercress & Quinoa Fritters
- Wash the quinoa in cool water a few times until the water runs clear. Next place in a medium pot with ample, lightly salted water. Boil for 10 min or so, until all of the grains are fully cooked. They can be slightly overcooked. Drain well and reserve.
- Lightly saute the onion and serrano chile until translucent. Remove from the pan and reserve.
- Mix the quinoa, onion and serrano, crumbled feta, and chopped watercress in a bowl. Season with 1 tbsp of salt. Incorporate the egg and let the mixture sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Take the mixture and ball into 1 oz pieces making sure to pack them tightly. Place on a tray and reserve.
- Heat the oil in a pot or fryer until it reaches 350 degrees. Gently place the fritters in the oil and fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and season with salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt, buttermilk, honey, and lemon together until smooth.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.