Watercress Pesto Pizza with Blue Cheese and Balsamic Glaze
Recipe by Carolyn Cope, Umami Girl
- Preheat oven to 500°F with a pizza stone, upside down-sheet pan or 12-inch cast iron skillet on a rack in the center.
- To make the pesto, fit a food processor with the blade. Place half the watercress in the bowl along with the spinach, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, pecorino, salt and half the walnuts. Pulse until finely minced and well combined, stopping to scrape down the sides once or twice.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions and stretch each into a 12-inch circle. If you like, place each prepared dough round on a piece of parchment paper to make it easier to slide in and out of the oven.
- Spread half the pesto onto each piece of dough and top with the mozzarella. Bake for about 10 minutes, until browned and bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining walnuts and the blue cheese and return to the oven for one minute more.
- Drizzle pizzas with balsamic glaze and top with remaining watercress. Cut into slices and serve right away.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.