Miso Watercress Pasta
Recipe by: Melissa Belanger, Simply Whisked
- Prepare pasta according to package directions for al dente in a large pot of boiling water.
- With 2 minutes remaining in the cooking time, add asparagus. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
- Drain when pasta has reached al dente.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté, stirring frequently, until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add miso and 1/4 cup pasta water, stirring until incorporated into sauce is smooth.
- Add watercress, pasta and asparagus to skillet and toss until coated. Add remaining pasta water as needed to thin sauce (optional).
- Stir in fresh basil before serving.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.