Chef Ming’s Crazy Chicken Watercress Salad
- In a wok, heat up 2-3 cups grapeseed oil to hot. Fry the vermicelli crisp, as it puffs, flip to cook all the noodles. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer the oil in a heat proof bowl or small sauce pan to cool and re-use for other uses.
- Coat the wok with oil and caramelize the shallots, season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, about 2 minutes. Add the scallion whites and stir fry for 30 seconds
- Add the ground chicken, season lightly with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, and break up until cooked through about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the fish sauce, lime juice, honey and sambal. When chicken is cooked, add in the sauce mixture, scallion greens and basil. Toss well.
- On a large platter, lay out (arrange) half of the watercress, then cover with noodles, then add remaining watercress (keep a handful for garnish). Top with the chicken mixture. Garnish with watercress. Serve immediately, enjoy.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.